Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Register your Class One Software Application
- Download the correct version for your platform (Windows or Macintosh) from this site.
- Install the application:
Windows: Double click the xxxxSetup.exe installer and follow the prompts.
Macintosh: Double click the .dmg file. An installer will open on your desktop. Drag the program folder to your Applications Folder and you are ready to go.
- Try out the application to see that it suits your needs
- When you are ready, choose Register from the Help Menu within the application
- Either fill out the form to be mailed, or, for convenience and speed, use PayPal to pay with a credit card.
- You will receive a registration code from Class One Software within 24 hours.
- Choose Register again, click the "Enter Code" tab, and enter the name and code exactly as sent to you.
- Once registered, you will no longer see the opening reminder screen and all features of the program will continue to function after the 30 day demo period.
Difficulties in registering
- Make sure that you have the correct code for the platform you are using (check the end of the code)
- Make sure that you have entered the NAME and the CODE exactly as sent to you.
(For best results, copy and paste the name and code)
- Check that there are no spaces before or after the name or code.
- If the first attempt is unsuccessful , please completely erase each edit field and try again.
Using the application on a network (LAN)
Note: This feature is available only with a site license.
QuizMaker Pro 2013
- Install QuizMaker Pro 2013 on a LAN computer with admin level access.
- If you wish, you can create classes and student lists at this time, or do so later.
- Select Preferences from the Application Menu.
- Click the text Click to set a shared network (LAN) volume.
- Choose a location on the server to which all computers will have read AND write access.
- Select the directory (folder) where you wish QMPro 2013 to store its data.
- QMPro 2013 will create a directory ("COS") and within that directory the following folders:
- A dialog will appear asking if you wish to transfer QMPro data from your local computer to this server location.
- Close the Network Setup Screen.
- When back in the Preferences Screen, you will see that the Set/Change buttons are no longer available, the location fields now reflect the location you just chose, and the text reads Click to change/remove a shared network volume.
- Click Save to save your settings and close the Preferences Screen.
Place the application on a network server where each client computer on which the software will be used has both read AND write privileges. Each client should launch the network instance of the program. All scores will be saved to the server location where they can be viewed by the administrator.
Note: It is important to set an administrative password when the application is used on a network.
If you experience difficulty with any aspect of a Class One Software program, please contact us for assistance.